Hotel 3 Stelle

ART IN MILAN


Phone +39 02.20404010 - E-Mail info@eurohotelmilano.it


BOOK YOUR STAY
RIGHT HERE ON OUR WEBSITE ------>

and thanks to our sponsors you will receive on your arrival at the hotel, a bottle of Italian wine as a giveaway, free entrance to our Wellness area and Sauna, 50% discount on your room minibar, discounts on the price of tickets for the public transport in Milan and connection to Rho Fiera, Sightseeing bus tours and more.

See all the discounts and giveaways, on
"SPECIAL OFFER"

Duomo Milano
Duomo - The Cathedral
Started in 1386, the Duomo represents a great witness of the particular Lombard Gothic style. Consecrated to S. Maria Nascente, wanted by Gian Galeazzo Visconti, it stands on the site of the late Middle Ages Basilica di S. Maria Maggiore. It is a huge marble building with a rich variety of statues, spires, buttresses, rampant arches, pillars. The statues are over 3,500, including the 96 giants of the spouts. The Cathedral, divided in five naves, is 157 m. long at the exterior and 92 m. large at the transept with a whole area of 11.700 sq.m.
Museo Duomo Milano
Museo del Duomo - Cathedral Museum
It houses the most interesting and close documents about the origin and the main steps of the well-known building, the witnesses of its long life: studies, layouts, original projects of restoration and completions.
Palazzo Reale
Palazzo Reale - Royal Palace
In 1138 on this site there was the Broletto Vecchio, the ancient Town Hall. The building became then residence of Torrioni family, Visconti family, and was adapted at the times of Sforza family. The Spanish governor lived there and also the archduke Ferdinando from Austria, who charged Giuseppe Piermarini, the architect of the Scala, with the renovation of part of the building. Today it houses museums and temporary exhibitions.
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II - Arcade
It is par excellence "la Galleria" (the gallery), "il salotto di Milano" (the Salon of Milan). The structure (1865-1877) was built by the architect Giuseppe Mengoni, who, when the building was finished, there died. It has the shape of a cross with the arms crossing in an octagon of iron and glass; it is 196 m. long from the north to the south and 105,50 m. from the east to the west, it is 14,50 wide and 21 high, with a "peak" of 47 meters on the top of the central cupola. In the gallery there are plenty of restaurants, bar, coffee-shops, bookshops, clothes shops windows which draw citizens and tourists.
Pinacoteca Ambrosiana
Pinacoteca Ambrosiana - Library and Art Gallery
It is the most ancient Museum in Milan, open from 1618 thanks to Federico Borromeo's donation and enriched by subsequent legacies. You can see masterpieces such as: "Canestra" by Caravaggio, the cartoon by Raffaello for the "Scuola di Atene", "Musico" by Leonardo, "Madonna del Padiglione" by Botticelli.
Teatro alla Scala
La Scala Opera House
The sober building rises on one side of Piazza della Scala, at the centre of which there is the monument to Leonardo da Vinci, by the sculptor Pietro Magni (1872). Around the base there are the statues of the four pupils of Leonardo: Cesare da Sesto, Andrea Solari, Giovanni Antonio Boltraffio, Marco d'Oggiono. The close Museo Teatrale della Scala (not depending from the Theatre), is very important because of its antiques rich collection from show history. By the side towards via Filodrammatici, the Piccola Scala was built in 1955.
Museo Teatrale alla Scala
Opera Museum "Teatro alla Scala"
Opened in 1913, it gives a panorama of the Theatre birth, its history and development. Recently it has been restored as well as the Theatre "Teatro del Piermarini". It has been newly opened in 2004 with a new display by Pier Luigi Pizzi.
Museo Poldi Pezzoli
Museo Poldi Pezzoli - Museum
Important witness of the "private collections" developed during the past century, the Pinacoteca houses very precious paintings: among the others a "Madonna" by Botticelli, a "Laguna" by Guardi, the world-known "Ritratto di giovane dama" by Pollaiolo as well as both "Sacra Famiglia" by Fra' Bartolomeo and by Pinturicchio.
Casa Degli Omenoni
Casa Degli Omenoni - Omenoni House
Two steps from Piazza della Scala, there are eight characters: they are the eight colossus, called "omenoni" sculptured by Antonio Abondio, which ornate the facade of the building by Leone Leoni, sculptor for Carlo V and Filippo II: the artist have built it as his own house in 1565, when he came to Milan after an adventurous life that brought him to the courts of kings but also to row on galleys. The building has kept the typical shape of late 1500 and the elegant first floor clashing with the ground floor, on which the great caryatids stand out.
Villa Belgiojoso Bonaparte
Villa Belgiojoso Bonaparte
Built in "contrada" Porta Orientale (today Porta Venezia) between 1790 and 1796 the Villa was commissioned by Ludovico Barbiano di Belgiojoso to Giuseppe Piermarini who passed the work to his pupil Leopoldo Pollack. In 1801 it was the residence of Gioacchino Murat and his wife Carolina Bonaparte and later became the residence of the Viceroy Eugenio Beauharnais and his wife Augusta Amalia di Baviera. Eugenio Beauharnais commissioned to Andrea Appiani the fresco representing Paranaso (or Apollo) bard surrounded by the nine Muses, one of the most important masterpieces of the neoclassical Milan culture. Other eminent residences of this Villa were general Radetsky and Napoleone III. Nowadays the Villa is home to the Nineteenth Century Museum.
Castello Sforzesco
Castello Sforzesco - The Sforza Castle
With the Madonna of the Duomo cathedral and the Visconti "biscione" , the Castle is another symbol of Milan. It rises on the square with the same name. Its first core was born between 1358-1368, at the times of Galeazzo II Visconti. The front side of the Castle is dominated by the tower called "del Filarete". The usual residence of the lords of the castle was the so called Corte Ducale, a succession of halls with rich frescos and decors. The Castle today houses shows, libraries, archives and a wide range of different exhibitions.
Piazza Mercanti
Piazza Mercanti - Mercanti Square
Between Piazza Mercanti and Via Mercanti, just to the west of Piazza Duomo, a group of buildings offers a wonderful example of the architecture development in Milan from Medieval age to 1600. In Piazza Mercanti there is the Palazzo della Ragione or Broletto Nuovo, the most renowned building from the period of the medieval communes. It was built in1228 and it is made by a raised ground floor open in three rows of arcades and by a first floor decorated by windows with three lights.
Santa Maria Delle Grazie
Santa Maria delle Grazie Church
Two immortal artists have left to history this temple which rises in the square with the same name: Donato Bramante and Leonardo da Vinci. The Church was built between 1466 and 1490 on a project by the architect Guiniforte Solari. However a few years later, Ludovico il Moro called for Bramante, who built a new apse area leaving the sign of his art in the magnificent Tribuna, example of spatial architecture of Renaissance.
Cenacolo Vinciano
Cenacolo Vinciano - The Last Supper by Leonardo's
The world famous painting by Leonardo Da Vinci, realized between 1494 and 1498, on a wall of the Canteen in the Dominican convent of S.Maria delle Grazie, on behalf of Ludovico il Moro.
Basilica di San Marco
San Marco Church
This church was built around 1254 by brother Lanfranco Settala, in the site where there was a church consecrated to the Saint, as a sign of gratitude towards Venetians who helped Milan citizens to rebuild the town after the destruction of Barbarossa. On its walls there are precious frescos, one of them is attributed to the school of Leonardo and represents the Madonna with the Baby in her arms, while she blesses S. Giovannino); it has been found out only recently.
Pinacoteca di Brera
Pinacoteca di Brera - Brera Art Gallery and artistic district
A picture gallery among the most famous in the world. Masterpieces of Italian painters from XIV to XX cent. Among the masterpieces: "Pala di Urbino" by Piero della Francesca, "Sposalizio della Vergine" by Raffaello, "Cristo Morto" by Andrea Mantegna, "Pietà" by Giovanni Bellini, "Cristo alla Colonna" by Bramante, "Cena di Emmaus" by Caravaggio. It houses six halls devoted to Italian paintings from 1200 and 1500.
Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio
Basilica di Sant' Ambrogio - Church
Sixteen centuries of history are mirrored in the basilica di S. Ambrogio (in the square with the same name), queen and mother of all Lombard churches. The Basilica, which has been started in 379 A.D., was dedicated in 387 by Sant'Ambrogio, who was buried there in 397. The interior gathers monuments, antiques, relics, art works of 1600 years of history. The portico della Canonica, a project by Bramante, the oratory of San Sigismondo and the rich Treasure of the basilica are particularly precious.
Museo della Scienza e della Tecnica
Science and Technology National Museum
This museum which offers a rich document collection of the thought and technology creations, is divided into three buildings: a) Monument building, an ancient Olivetano monastery of the XVI° century; b) Railway building, which gathers in a unique room 21 locomotives and railway engines, wagons from different ages on five tracks; c) Air and sea transport building where you will find the bridge of the ship "Conte Biancamano" and the tall ship "Ebe".
Basilica di San Lorenzo
Basilica di San Lorenzo - Church and columns
Important witness of Roman and Early-Christian in Milan, this Church is at Corso di Porta Ticinese, facing the sixteen Roman Corinthian columns once belonging to a temple of III century which lead to the church square where there is a bronze copy of the Emperor Costantino's statue. The basilica, originally from the end of IV century - beginning of V, after several fires and collapses has been restored many times.
Basilica di Sant'Eustorgio
Basilica di Sant' Eustorgio - Church
This temple, which after S. Ambrogio is the most important medieval monument in Milan, is in the square with the same name, in the quarter of Porta Ticinese. Maybe it has been built by the bishop Eustorgio (315-331), who wanted to be buried there and brought there the relics of the Magi from Costantinopoli, was rebuilt under a Romanesque style during XII century. Behind the apse there is the Portinari Chapel, wanted by Pigello Portinari, one of the most important works of Lombard Renaissance made by two rooms with a squared plan, covered by cupolas with multicoloured decors typically from Lombardy.

Ospiti camera #2
Ospiti camera #3
Ospiti camera #4
Protected by Verisgn Informazioni protette con certificato SSL 128 bit

OFFERTA SPECIALE !!

SPECIAL OFFER !!

Milan Hotels - Hot Deals

Hotel Eurohotel Milano - Newsletter

Milano Hotels - Social Media